Friday, May 8, 2009

The coulda, shoulda, woulda...

I have these types of days as an actor more often than I would like.  
Those days where there are EPAs (Equity Principal Auditions) or Chorus Calls and I find a reason NOT to go.  Those reasons? 
Well, it could be that it's raining and I am depressed.  It could be that I am not feeling well or my voice doesn't seem to be at 100%. Maybe it's that the show is "probably already cast" so why should I go?  Could be that I don't have the perfect material to audition for that project. 

Whatever the excuse, the coulda, shoulda, woulda days effect a lot of actors.

Bottom line is this:  if you don't go, they can't hire you.  Several of my actor friends and I always have this chat about motivating ourselves to keep going, keep auditioning, staying in the mix.  

In this past week I had 4, yes count them, 4 coulda, shoulda, woulda's!  

I need to make these days fewer and far between and turn them into, DID IT days.  Because those days, eventually, can turn into, GOT IT days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment