Monday, April 9, 2012

My first Easter Audition!

It's been a couple weeks since my last entry as I have been busy with the new blog for the cooking show and rehearsals for the American Premiere of August G. It's funny how I never get used to the roller-coaster and yet I have chosen a career which guarantees me a "ride" whether I want it or not! Today marked a new one for me...an audition on Easter...well sort of! I received a call from one of the biggest casting offices in NYC last week requesting that I work on material they were sending me, put it on tape (since I am in LA) and have it uploaded on a private link to YouTube by Monday morning...which is NOW!

And so...

I was in rehearsal all day Saturday and knew my only chance to record the material would be Easter Sunday. I am blessed that my partner is such a supportive and giving man that he was willing to take 6 hours out of our Easter to make this happen. At least we got in a beautiful afternoon walk (and some fresh picked grapefruit from one of our neighbors) and I did make us a scrumptious lamb dinner. But truth be told, I couldn't have done it without him. We face a lot of technical challenges with lighting and sound and so it took us longer than it might have with better equipment and a better space but I am proud of the result and grateful for the opportunity to be seen for such a major project.

Can't say what it is for as I don't want to jinx it, but fingers and toes crossed!

Wishing you all light and love, joy and gratitude! And away we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment